There are plenty of adventures to take out in the world, and your car is your trusted partner through it all. While you hope for smooth and safe driving, there will sometimes be those bumps in the road. When a ditch creates a problem for you on the streets of Worcester, Auburn, or Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, you’ll need a team that can come to the rescue.
When you need pothole damage repair, you can trust our team of experts to get the job done. Their extensive training and professional tools make them well-equipped to handle the work. Harr Collision Center is your go-to when your car needs some freshening up. Read on to learn more about what we can do for you.
What Causes a Pothole?
When the temperatures start to fluctuate from cold to warm, roads sometimes begin to break apart. Water that gets through the cracks freezes in place in winter, and when it thaws by spring, there are empty pockets where the road falls in. It’s a weather-based event, but you’ll see them year-round.
When you add in the constant weight of heavy cars driving over weakened roads, potholes are sure to form. Once that hole forms in the street, it poses a danger to your vehicle. However, there are ways you can try to avoid these pesky road conditions while you’re commuting, such as:
- Don’t drive through puddles
- Stay alert, especially on unfamiliar roads
- Keep a reasonable distance between vehicles
- Drive slower
Sometimes, you may not see a pothole until it’s too late, especially if you’re traveling downhill. When you hit one at a high enough speed, all sorts of damage could result.
How Can a Pothole Damage My Car?
Pothole damage on your car can take on different forms. It depends on the size of the hole and how your vehicle makes contact with it. Here are just a few ways a pothole can harm your car:
- Tire Damage: A sudden, jarring change in force and pressure will cause your tires to suffer damage, one of the most common ways potholes can hurt your vehicle.
There’s a chance you could lose air, causing your tire to go flat, and you might even blow a tire outright. However, what’s more likely is a sidewall issue. Check for bubbles that form where your tire meets the wheel. If bubbles are forming, consult our technicians right away, as this could lead to other dangers on the road as well.
- Wheel Damage: If your vehicle comes in contact with a pothole, the metal frame your tire sets on can become bent or cracked, especially if it hits the pothole at an awkward angle. A damaged tire won’t roll smoothly, causing unsafe driving. If you find any damage to your wheels, make sure to contact our team right away.
- Suspension Issues: There’s a chance your car will start to drift and pull to the left or right after hitting a pothole. This means that the suspension components have been damaged. Suspension that’s out of alignment may not seem like a significant issue, but even if you replace a tire, the bent steering will cause a new tire to wear down quickly.
- Steering Problems: Much like your suspension, your steering system can get knocked out of place when hitting a large pothole. If you notice excess vibration in your steering wheels, bumpy turning, or any other steering difficulties, it’s time to visit our collision center.
- Shock Absorber Issues: If you find yourself needing to drive often on bad roads with lots of potholes, you may find that your vehicle’s shock absorbers have issues. Leaks, issues when taking corners, and a bouncier ride could all be signs potholes and damaged roads play a role in this issue.
There are multiple concerns to keep in mind after hitting a pothole. While most can be done by looking at the area, it’s good to come to our professional technicians for a complete diagnosis and potential repair.
Pothole Damage Repair Experts on Your Side
If you have hit a pothole in your vehicle and notice any of the above issues, our team of certified experts will help get you back on the road quickly. With the latest diagnostic tools and auto technologies, they can find the root cause of the problem and devise a plan of action to reverse it.
Along with quality service in our state-of-the-art facility, there are more benefits to choosing us for your auto repair team. Some include:
- Towing Service: If a pothole has made it so that your vehicle is no longer mobile, our team can get you to our service center quickly. No go-between or third-party towing company is needed.
- Pick-Up & Drop-Off Service: Along with picking up your vehicle, we can drop it off once the work is complete as well, so you can go about your busy schedule without any interruptions.
- Rental Cars: Need another ride while your vehicle is being worked on? We got you. With rental car options and shuttle services, you can get to where you need to go.
- No Appointments! While we gladly accept appointments to our collision center, you can also stop by for assistance anytime during business hours.
- Authentic Parts: If our team needs to replace any components on your set of wheels, you can rest easy knowing they will be authentic and of the highest quality.
With our team on your side, we make any visit to our collision center streamlined and easy. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out! One of our technicians will be happy to assist you during your pothole damage repair journey.
Get Pothole Damage Repair Today at Harr Collision Center!
When potholes strike in the Worcester, Auburn, and Shrewsbury, MA, region, our team of professionals is here to save the day.
Contact us at Harr Collision Center and schedule your appointment or visit our facility today! We’d be happy to get you back on the road with a perfectly performing vehicle in little time.